Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Num 22:39-40
Forgiven? EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:27-28
Forgiven? EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:26
Forgiven? EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 4:04 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:37-38
Forgiven? EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 3:31 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:24-25
Forgiven? EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 4:08 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:30-32
Forgiven? EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 4:16 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:13-15
Forgiven? EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 3:36 am by clark thompson

» A Hopeful Lament By Amy Peterson
Forgiven? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:42 am by LesBrewer

» What does the Bible say about pettiness?
Forgiven? EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 am by LesBrewer

» A Good Daddy By Xochitl Dixon
Forgiven? EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 1:57 am by LesBrewer

» Num 22:28-29
Forgiven? EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 10:32 pm by clark thompson

» When the Bottom Drops Out By Poh Fang Chia
Forgiven? EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 3:22 pm by LesBrewer

» The Joy of Giving By Leslie Koh
Forgiven? EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 4:34 pm by LesBrewer

» Hard Mysteries By Amy Boucher Pye
Forgiven? EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 6:05 pm by LesBrewer

» Forgiven?
Forgiven? EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 5:42 pm by LesBrewer

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forgiven?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Forgiven? Empty Forgiven? Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:42 pm

LesBrewer

LesBrewer

FORGIVEN?

I love Jesus; but I still fall short so many times! I look around me and see so many who are much worse off than I am. God has been good to me in spite of me. It is my desire to have him pleased with me; I messed up bad in the past while I was going through a trying time several years ago. It is a burden that loads me down; even though I have repented of it a thousand times and have forsaken the mentality which caused it in the first place.

Brothers and Sisters, I pray that whatever you’re going through today that has hindered and burdened you that God will grace you and deliver you from any kind of bondage. Evil is evil and cannot be justified; we can only repent and pray for deliverance and total restoration!

Today I pray if I have been involved in anything deceitful, ungodly, or unethical that God will reveal the whole truth to me that I may repent and make it right in the sight of God and Man. Good intentions don’t always result in good things. We cannot make decisions based upon the precarious people and situations of life when we have a solid foundation in the word of God. Sometimes we can unwittingly become privy to a conspiracy of the deceitful and sinful actions of another. One reason for this is forgiveness often leads us to exercise love without finding fault.

(4) Love is patient and is kind; love doesn’t envy. Love doesn’t brag, is not proud,
(5) doesn’t behave itself inappropriately, doesn’t seek its own way, is not provoked, takes no account of evil;
(6) doesn’t rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;
(7) bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
(8) Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will be done away with. Where there are various languages, they will cease. Where there is knowledge, it will be done away with. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Love perfects knowledge without prejudice. Preconception, presumption, and assumption are not intricate dynamics of agape love. Forgiveness in the express image of love initiates a fresh start when it is given. God forgives us and washes away all remembrance of our previous sin and fully reinstates us to the full stature of our relationship. Yet we continue to re-live our sin and guilt over and over in our minds. When we let love; have its perfecting power in us we become the love of God in motion. We grow in patience and kindness; we quit be jealous and haughty; we don’t make a scene and promote drama; we increasingly become less selfish; we can brush off offenses; we don’t seek revenge; we increasingly abhor unrighteousness; we rejoice in truth and seek it; we learn to bear what life throws our way, we increasingly become less suspicious; we beam with optimism; and we endure the hardships because of the perfecting power of agape love.

As Christians it is hard sometimes to weigh our decisions without getting ourselves in trouble or get involved in someone else’s troubles. We’re not supposed to be a part of any schemes of deception either! Yet we must strive to live by the law of love and exercise forgiveness just as Christ came to die for and forgive our sins when we acknowledge his sacrifice and our guiltiness through repentance which is the strategic inflective turning point of our conversion. The carnal man is untrusting, suspicious, and unforgiving; we are supposed to be spiritually minded and being perfected by love which doesn’t have prejudice, preconception, and presumption in a negative perspective concerning people. Yet the law of love doesn’t shrink back from addressing truth when it needs to manifest for the clarification of the truth concerning the exposure of deception.

God in his wisdom created man in his own image giving them several of his attributes. He gave them the power of choice and then gave them the liberty to pursue those choices whether they are for good or evil. There are many innate dynamics which are a part of the human psyche. He installed in us the ability to reason, to discern, to gain knowledge and to adapt to different and difficult situations. When we are born again is like our eyes are opened to a new dimension of these resources; we have become new creatures with enhanced perspectives concerning good and evil. We are vessels of light which pours out life to others as we allow Christ to live through us. All the former things have passed and behold all things are now new. We should never knowingly become a part of a scheme or scam and should pray each and every day that we are not deceived; asking the Lord to enhance our ability to discern when evil is taking place. We should allow ourselves to be led by the Spirit; not by friendship, kinship or hardship when making decisions. But if we do fall short, if we do sin and fail God there is hope in Jesus Christ. Forgiveness is available to the sincere of heart.

(1) My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
(2) And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
(3) And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
(4) He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
(5) But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
(6) He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked. 1 John 2:1-6

There is an old adage “fool me once shame of you; fool me twice shame on me”. We’ve all fallen prey to wolves in sheep’s clothing; but we must mature to the point of growing our discernment to be consistent with the years of our spirituality.

There is revival and renewal for the repentance of those burdened with a sin. One can find restoration in Christ for those who have not blasphemed the Holy Spirit and who are ready to forgive others who have sinned against them. Forgiveness is ours for the taking; it only costs us the sacrifice of our sins; will you put your sins upon the cross of forgiveness and walk in the newness of life. Selah

Shalom, Agape, & Amen!
Ap. D.R. Ritchie (Emissary)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum