Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Num 22:39-40
Lessons for Little Ones By Jennifer Benson Schuldt EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:27-28
Lessons for Little Ones By Jennifer Benson Schuldt EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:26
Lessons for Little Ones By Jennifer Benson Schuldt EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 4:04 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:37-38
Lessons for Little Ones By Jennifer Benson Schuldt EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 3:31 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:24-25
Lessons for Little Ones By Jennifer Benson Schuldt EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 4:08 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:30-32
Lessons for Little Ones By Jennifer Benson Schuldt EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 4:16 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:13-15
Lessons for Little Ones By Jennifer Benson Schuldt EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 3:36 am by clark thompson

» A Hopeful Lament By Amy Peterson
Lessons for Little Ones By Jennifer Benson Schuldt EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:42 am by LesBrewer

» What does the Bible say about pettiness?
Lessons for Little Ones By Jennifer Benson Schuldt EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 am by LesBrewer

» A Good Daddy By Xochitl Dixon
Lessons for Little Ones By Jennifer Benson Schuldt EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 1:57 am by LesBrewer

» Num 22:28-29
Lessons for Little Ones By Jennifer Benson Schuldt EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 10:32 pm by clark thompson

» When the Bottom Drops Out By Poh Fang Chia
Lessons for Little Ones By Jennifer Benson Schuldt EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 3:22 pm by LesBrewer

» The Joy of Giving By Leslie Koh
Lessons for Little Ones By Jennifer Benson Schuldt EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 4:34 pm by LesBrewer

» Hard Mysteries By Amy Boucher Pye
Lessons for Little Ones By Jennifer Benson Schuldt EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 6:05 pm by LesBrewer

» Forgiven?
Lessons for Little Ones By Jennifer Benson Schuldt EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 5:42 pm by LesBrewer

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lessons for Little Ones By Jennifer Benson Schuldt

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

LesBrewer

LesBrewer

Lessons for Little Ones By Jennifer Benson Schuldt

Lessons for Little Ones By Jennifer Benson Schuldt 23-770x425

Read: Proverbs 22:1-16

Start children off on the way they should go.

Proverbs 22:6

When my daughter described a problem she was having in the school lunchroom, I immediately wondered how I could fix the issue for her. But then another thought occurred. Maybe God had allowed the problem so she could see Him at work and get to know Him better. Instead of running to the rescue, I decided to pray with her. The trouble cleared up without any help from me!

This situation showed my little one that God cares for her, that He listens when she prays, and that He answers prayers. The Bible says there’s something significant about learning these lessons early in life. If we “start children off on the way they should go, . . .when they are old they will not turn from it” (Prov. 22:6). When we start kids off with an awareness of Jesus and His power, we are giving them a place to return to if they wander and a foundation for spiritual growth throughout their lives.

Consider how you might foster faith in a child. Point out God’s design in nature, tell a story about how He has helped you, or invite a little one to thank God with you when things go right. God can work through you to tell of His goodness throughout all generations.

Dear God, I pray that You will raise up believers in the next generation. Show me how I can encourage young people to trust in You.

We influence future generations by living for Christ today.

Insight:

The book of Proverbs is structured as a life manual from a father to his son (Prov. 1:8; 3:1; 4:1; 5:1; 7:1). The proverbs are not prophecies or promises, but are short pithy statements that express truths about human behavior. Parents are encouraged to teach God’s Word to their children (22:6) and to discipline them (v. 15).

Proverbs 22:1-16 King James Version (KJV)

22 A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.

2 The rich and poor meet together: the Lord is the maker of them all.

3 A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.

4 By humility and the fear of the Lord are riches, and honour, and life.

5 Thorns and snares are in the way of the froward: he that doth keep his soul shall be far from them.

6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

7 The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.

8 He that soweth iniquity shall reap vanity: and the rod of his anger shall fail.

9 He that hath a bountiful eye shall be blessed; for he giveth of his bread to the poor.

10 Cast out the scorner, and contention shall go out; yea, strife and reproach shall cease.

11 He that loveth pureness of heart, for the grace of his lips the king shall be his friend.

12 The eyes of the Lord preserve knowledge, and he overthroweth the words of the transgressor.

13 The slothful man saith, There is a lion without, I shall be slain in the streets.

14 The mouth of strange women is a deep pit: he that is abhorred of the Lord shall fall therein.

15 Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.

16 He that oppresseth the poor to increase his riches, and he that giveth to the rich, shall surely come to want.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum