Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Num 22:39-40
Always in His Care By David McCasland EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:27-28
Always in His Care By David McCasland EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:26
Always in His Care By David McCasland EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 4:04 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:37-38
Always in His Care By David McCasland EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 3:31 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:24-25
Always in His Care By David McCasland EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 4:08 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:30-32
Always in His Care By David McCasland EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 4:16 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:13-15
Always in His Care By David McCasland EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 3:36 am by clark thompson

» A Hopeful Lament By Amy Peterson
Always in His Care By David McCasland EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:42 am by LesBrewer

» What does the Bible say about pettiness?
Always in His Care By David McCasland EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 am by LesBrewer

» A Good Daddy By Xochitl Dixon
Always in His Care By David McCasland EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 1:57 am by LesBrewer

» Num 22:28-29
Always in His Care By David McCasland EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 10:32 pm by clark thompson

» When the Bottom Drops Out By Poh Fang Chia
Always in His Care By David McCasland EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 3:22 pm by LesBrewer

» The Joy of Giving By Leslie Koh
Always in His Care By David McCasland EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 4:34 pm by LesBrewer

» Hard Mysteries By Amy Boucher Pye
Always in His Care By David McCasland EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 6:05 pm by LesBrewer

» Forgiven?
Always in His Care By David McCasland EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 5:42 pm by LesBrewer

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

Always in His Care By David McCasland

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Always in His Care By David McCasland Empty Always in His Care By David McCasland Sun May 15, 2016 11:11 am

LesBrewer

LesBrewer

Always in His Care By David McCasland

Always in His Care By David McCasland 15-770x425

Read: Psalm 139:1-18

You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. Psalm 139:2

Veteran news reporter Scott Pelley never goes on assignment without his travel essentials—a shortwave radio, camera, indestructible suitcase, laptop computer, phone, and an emergency locator beacon that works anywhere. “You extend the antenna, push two buttons, and it sends a signal to a satellite connected to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration," Pelley says. “It tells them who and where I am. Depending on what country you’re in, they’ll either send a rescue team—or not” (AARP The Magazine). Pelley has never needed to use the beacon, but he never travels without it.

But when it comes to our relationship with God, we don’t need radios, phones, or emergency beacons. No matter how precarious our circumstances become, He already knows who and where we are. The psalmist celebrated this as he wrote, “You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. . . . You are familiar with all my ways” (Ps. 139:1-3). Our needs are never hidden from God, and we are never separated from His care.

Today, we can say with confidence, “If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast" (vv. 9-10).

The Lord knows who we are, where we are, and what we need. We are always in His care.

O Lord, we praise You for Your never-ending love and Your never-failing care.

INSIGHT:

Psalm 139 is a complex poem that is made up of several themes: meditation, confession, prayer, reflection, and lament. It is comprised of four sections or movements. The first deals with God’s exhaustive and comprehensive knowledge (vv. 1–6). The second displays His perfect and persistent presence (vv. 7–12). No matter where we go, God is already there. The third movement in the psalm talks about God’s intentional, personal, and ongoing creativity (vv. 13–18). And finally, the psalm calls attention to humanity’s desire and need for justice and redemption (vv. 19–24).

Psalm 139:1-18 King James Version (KJV)

139 O lord, thou hast searched me, and known me.

2 Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.

3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.

4 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether.

5 Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.

6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;

10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

11 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.

12 Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!

18 If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum