Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Num 22:39-40
Why Me? By Keila Ochoa EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:27-28
Why Me? By Keila Ochoa EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:26
Why Me? By Keila Ochoa EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 4:04 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:37-38
Why Me? By Keila Ochoa EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 3:31 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:24-25
Why Me? By Keila Ochoa EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 4:08 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:30-32
Why Me? By Keila Ochoa EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 4:16 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:13-15
Why Me? By Keila Ochoa EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 3:36 am by clark thompson

» A Hopeful Lament By Amy Peterson
Why Me? By Keila Ochoa EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:42 am by LesBrewer

» What does the Bible say about pettiness?
Why Me? By Keila Ochoa EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 am by LesBrewer

» A Good Daddy By Xochitl Dixon
Why Me? By Keila Ochoa EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 1:57 am by LesBrewer

» Num 22:28-29
Why Me? By Keila Ochoa EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 10:32 pm by clark thompson

» When the Bottom Drops Out By Poh Fang Chia
Why Me? By Keila Ochoa EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 3:22 pm by LesBrewer

» The Joy of Giving By Leslie Koh
Why Me? By Keila Ochoa EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 4:34 pm by LesBrewer

» Hard Mysteries By Amy Boucher Pye
Why Me? By Keila Ochoa EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 6:05 pm by LesBrewer

» Forgiven?
Why Me? By Keila Ochoa EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 5:42 pm by LesBrewer

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why Me? By Keila Ochoa

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Why Me? By Keila Ochoa Empty Why Me? By Keila Ochoa Mon May 23, 2016 8:39 am

LesBrewer

LesBrewer

Why Me? By Keila Ochoa

Why Me? By Keila Ochoa 23-770x425

Read: Ruth 2:1-11

Why have I found such favor in your eyes? Ruth 2:10

Ruth was a foreigner. She was a widow. She was poor. In many parts of the world today she would be considered a nobody—someone whose future doesn’t hold any hope.

However, Ruth found favor in the eyes of a relative of her deceased husband, a rich man and the owner of the fields where she chose to ask for permission to glean grain. In response to his kindness, Ruth asked, “What have I done to deserve such kindness? . . . I am only a foreigner” (Ruth 2:10 nlt).

Boaz, the good man who showed Ruth such compassion, answered her truthfully. He had heard about her good deeds toward her mother-in-law, Naomi, and how she chose to leave her country and follow Naomi’s God. Boaz prayed that God, "under whose wings" she had come for refuge, would bless her (1:16; 2:11-12; see Ps. 91:4). As her kinsman redeemer (Ruth 3:9), when Boaz married Ruth he became her protector and part of the answer to his prayer.

Like Ruth, we were foreigners and far from God. We may wonder why God would choose to love us when we are so undeserving. The answer is not in us, but in Him. “God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners” (Rom. 5:8 nlt). Christ has become our Redeemer. When we come to Him in salvation, we are under His protective wings.

Dear Lord, I don’t know why You love me, but I don’t doubt Your love. I thank You and worship You!

Gratefulness is the heart's response to God's undeserved love.

INSIGHT:

The book of Ruth demonstrates the redemptive nature of God’s commandments. While many Old Testament laws may sound strange to modern ears, adherence to these laws provided food for the hungry, protection for the foreigner, and hope for the childless widow.

Ruth 2:1-11 King James Version (KJV)

2 And Naomi had a kinsman of her husband's, a mighty man of wealth, of the family of Elimelech; and his name was Boaz.

2 And Ruth the Moabitess said unto Naomi, Let me now go to the field, and glean ears of corn after him in whose sight I shall find grace. And she said unto her, Go, my daughter.

3 And she went, and came, and gleaned in the field after the reapers: and her hap was to light on a part of the field belonging unto Boaz, who was of the kindred of Elimelech.

4 And, behold, Boaz came from Bethlehem, and said unto the reapers, The Lord be with you. And they answered him, The Lord bless thee.

5 Then said Boaz unto his servant that was set over the reapers, Whose damsel is this?

6 And the servant that was set over the reapers answered and said, It is the Moabitish damsel that came back with Naomi out of the country of Moab:

7 And she said, I pray you, let me glean and gather after the reapers among the sheaves: so she came, and hath continued even from the morning until now, that she tarried a little in the house.

8 Then said Boaz unto Ruth, Hearest thou not, my daughter? Go not to glean in another field, neither go from hence, but abide here fast by my maidens:

9 Let thine eyes be on the field that they do reap, and go thou after them: have I not charged the young men that they shall not touch thee? and when thou art athirst, go unto the vessels, and drink of that which the young men have drawn.

10 Then she fell on her face, and bowed herself to the ground, and said unto him, Why have I found grace in thine eyes, that thou shouldest take knowledge of me, seeing I am a stranger?

11 And Boaz answered and said unto her, It hath fully been shewed me, all that thou hast done unto thy mother in law since the death of thine husband: and how thou hast left thy father and thy mother, and the land of thy nativity, and art come unto a people which thou knewest not heretofore.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum