Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Num 22:39-40
Flowing Peace By Amy Boucher Pye EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:27-28
Flowing Peace By Amy Boucher Pye EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:26
Flowing Peace By Amy Boucher Pye EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 4:04 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:37-38
Flowing Peace By Amy Boucher Pye EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 3:31 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:24-25
Flowing Peace By Amy Boucher Pye EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 4:08 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:30-32
Flowing Peace By Amy Boucher Pye EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 4:16 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:13-15
Flowing Peace By Amy Boucher Pye EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 3:36 am by clark thompson

» A Hopeful Lament By Amy Peterson
Flowing Peace By Amy Boucher Pye EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:42 am by LesBrewer

» What does the Bible say about pettiness?
Flowing Peace By Amy Boucher Pye EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 am by LesBrewer

» A Good Daddy By Xochitl Dixon
Flowing Peace By Amy Boucher Pye EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 1:57 am by LesBrewer

» Num 22:28-29
Flowing Peace By Amy Boucher Pye EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 10:32 pm by clark thompson

» When the Bottom Drops Out By Poh Fang Chia
Flowing Peace By Amy Boucher Pye EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 3:22 pm by LesBrewer

» The Joy of Giving By Leslie Koh
Flowing Peace By Amy Boucher Pye EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 4:34 pm by LesBrewer

» Hard Mysteries By Amy Boucher Pye
Flowing Peace By Amy Boucher Pye EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 6:05 pm by LesBrewer

» Forgiven?
Flowing Peace By Amy Boucher Pye EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 5:42 pm by LesBrewer

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

Flowing Peace By Amy Boucher Pye

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Flowing Peace By Amy Boucher Pye Empty Flowing Peace By Amy Boucher Pye Fri May 27, 2016 5:30 am

LesBrewer

LesBrewer

Flowing Peace By Amy Boucher Pye

Flowing Peace By Amy Boucher Pye 27-770x425

Read: John 14:16-27

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. John 14:27

“I’m not surprised you lead retreats,” said an acquaintance in my exercise class. “You have a good aura.” I was jolted but pleased by her comment, because I realized that what she saw as an “aura” in me, I understood to be the peace of Christ. As we follow Jesus, He gives us the peace that transcends understanding (Phil. 4:7) and radiates from within—though we may not even be aware of it.

Jesus promised His followers this peace when, after their last supper together, He prepared them for His death and resurrection. He told them that though they would have trouble in the world, the Father would send them the Spirit of truth to live with them and be in them (John 14:16-17). The Spirit would teach them, bringing to mind His truths; the Spirit would comfort them, bestowing on them His peace. Though soon they would face trials—including fierce opposition from the religious leaders and seeing Jesus executed—He told them not to be afraid. The Holy Spirit’s presence would never leave them.

Although as God’s children we experience hardship, we too have His Spirit living within and flowing out of us. God’s peace can be His witness to everyone we meet—whether at a local market, at school or work, or in the gym.

Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, thank You for welcoming me into Your circle of love. May I share Your peace with someone in my community today.

When we keep our mind on God, His Spirit keeps our mind at peace.

INSIGHT:

Today’s passage highlights one of the differences between those who know Jesus and those who do not: The Holy Spirit dwells within believers in Christ. Jesus says that His followers know Him and that the world does not know or accept Him (v. 17). It is the Spirit who identifies us as Jesus’ followers.

John 14:16-27 King James Version (KJV)

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum