Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Num 22:39-40
Tell It! By Lawrence Darmani EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:27-28
Tell It! By Lawrence Darmani EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:26
Tell It! By Lawrence Darmani EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 4:04 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:37-38
Tell It! By Lawrence Darmani EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 3:31 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:24-25
Tell It! By Lawrence Darmani EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 4:08 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:30-32
Tell It! By Lawrence Darmani EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 4:16 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:13-15
Tell It! By Lawrence Darmani EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 3:36 am by clark thompson

» A Hopeful Lament By Amy Peterson
Tell It! By Lawrence Darmani EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:42 am by LesBrewer

» What does the Bible say about pettiness?
Tell It! By Lawrence Darmani EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 am by LesBrewer

» A Good Daddy By Xochitl Dixon
Tell It! By Lawrence Darmani EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 1:57 am by LesBrewer

» Num 22:28-29
Tell It! By Lawrence Darmani EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 10:32 pm by clark thompson

» When the Bottom Drops Out By Poh Fang Chia
Tell It! By Lawrence Darmani EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 3:22 pm by LesBrewer

» The Joy of Giving By Leslie Koh
Tell It! By Lawrence Darmani EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 4:34 pm by LesBrewer

» Hard Mysteries By Amy Boucher Pye
Tell It! By Lawrence Darmani EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 6:05 pm by LesBrewer

» Forgiven?
Tell It! By Lawrence Darmani EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 5:42 pm by LesBrewer

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tell It! By Lawrence Darmani

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tell It! By Lawrence Darmani Empty Tell It! By Lawrence Darmani Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:03 am

LesBrewer

LesBrewer

Tell It! By Lawrence Darmani

Tell It! By Lawrence Darmani 07-770x425

Read: Mark 5:1–20

The man went away and began to tell . . . how much Jesus had done for him. Mark 5:20

The year was 1975 and something significant had just happened to me. I needed to find my friend Francis, with whom I shared a lot of personal matters, and tell him about it. I found him in his apartment hurriedly preparing to go out, but I slowed him down. The way he stared at me, he must have sensed that I had something important to tell him. “What is it?” he asked. So I told him simply, “Yesterday I surrendered my life to Jesus!”

Francis looked at me, sighed heavily, and said, “I’ve felt like doing the same for a long time now.” He asked me to share what happened, and I told him how the previous day someone had explained the gospel to me and how I asked Jesus to come into my life. I still remember the tears in his eyes as he too prayed to receive Jesus’s forgiveness. No longer in a hurry, he and I talked and talked about our new relationship with Christ.

After Jesus healed the man with an evil spirit, He told him, “Go home to your own people and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you” (Mark 5:19). The man didn’t need to preach a powerful sermon; he simply needed to share his story.

No matter what our conversion experience is, we can do what that man did: “[He] went away and began to tell . . . how much Jesus had done for him.”

What has Jesus done for you? Tell it!

Let the redeemed of the Lord tell their story. Psalm 107:2

Mark 5:1-20 King James Version (KJV)

5 And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes.

2 And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,

3 Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains:

4 Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him.

5 And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones.

6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,

7 And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.

8 For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit.

9 And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.

10 And he besought him much that he would not send them away out of the country.

11 Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine feeding.

12 And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them.

13 And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand;) and were choked in the sea.

14 And they that fed the swine fled, and told it in the city, and in the country. And they went out to see what it was that was done.

15 And they come to Jesus, and see him that was possessed with the devil, and had the legion, sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid.

16 And they that saw it told them how it befell to him that was possessed with the devil, and also concerning the swine.

17 And they began to pray him to depart out of their coasts.

18 And when he was come into the ship, he that had been possessed with the devil prayed him that he might be with him.

19 Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but saith unto him, Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee.

20 And he departed, and began to publish in Decapolis how great things Jesus had done for him: and all men did marvel.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum