Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Num 22:39-40
Shocking Honesty By टीम गस्टफसन EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:27-28
Shocking Honesty By टीम गस्टफसन EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:26
Shocking Honesty By टीम गस्टफसन EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 4:04 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:37-38
Shocking Honesty By टीम गस्टफसन EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 3:31 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:24-25
Shocking Honesty By टीम गस्टफसन EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 4:08 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:30-32
Shocking Honesty By टीम गस्टफसन EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 4:16 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:13-15
Shocking Honesty By टीम गस्टफसन EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 3:36 am by clark thompson

» A Hopeful Lament By Amy Peterson
Shocking Honesty By टीम गस्टफसन EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:42 am by LesBrewer

» What does the Bible say about pettiness?
Shocking Honesty By टीम गस्टफसन EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 am by LesBrewer

» A Good Daddy By Xochitl Dixon
Shocking Honesty By टीम गस्टफसन EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 1:57 am by LesBrewer

» Num 22:28-29
Shocking Honesty By टीम गस्टफसन EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 10:32 pm by clark thompson

» When the Bottom Drops Out By Poh Fang Chia
Shocking Honesty By टीम गस्टफसन EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 3:22 pm by LesBrewer

» The Joy of Giving By Leslie Koh
Shocking Honesty By टीम गस्टफसन EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 4:34 pm by LesBrewer

» Hard Mysteries By Amy Boucher Pye
Shocking Honesty By टीम गस्टफसन EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 6:05 pm by LesBrewer

» Forgiven?
Shocking Honesty By टीम गस्टफसन EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 5:42 pm by LesBrewer

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shocking Honesty By टीम गस्टफसन

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

LesBrewer

LesBrewer

Shocking Honesty By टीम गस्टफसन

Shocking Honesty By टीम गस्टफसन 26-770x425

Read: 1 Peter 3:7–12

Treat her as you should so your prayers will not be hindered. 1 Peter 3:7 nlt

When the minister asked one of his elders to lead the congregation in prayer, the man shocked everyone. “I’m sorry, Pastor,” he said, “but I’ve been arguing with my wife all the way to church, and I’m in no condition to pray.” The next moment was awkward. The minister prayed. The service moved on. Later, the pastor vowed never to ask anyone to pray publicly without first asking privately.

That man demonstrated astonishing honesty in a place where hypocrisy would have been easier. But there is a larger lesson about prayer here. God is a loving Father. If I as a husband do not respect and honor my wife—a cherished daughter of God—why would her heavenly Father hear my prayers?

The apostle Peter made an interesting observation about this. He instructed husbands to treat their wives with respect and as equal heirs in Christ “so that nothing will hinder your prayers” (1 Peter 3:7). The underlying principle is that our relationships affect our prayer life.

What would happen if we exchanged the Sunday smiles and the façade of religiosity for refreshing honesty with our brothers and sisters? What might God do through us when we pray and learn to love each other as we love ourselves?

Father, You love all of Your children, but so often we fight and disagree. Help us learn to interact with love and respect in all our relationships so the world will see the difference You make. Teach us to pray.

Prayer is simply an honest conversation with God.

INSIGHT:

Husbands are instructed to “be considerate . . . and treat [their wives] with respect” (1 Peter 3:7). Fellowship with God is hindered if a man does not give honor to his wife (v. 7). The apostle Paul instructed husbands not to be harsh with their wives (Col. 3:19), but to love them “just as Christ loved the church,” sacrificing their own interests for their wife’s growth, maturity, and holiness (Eph. 5:25–27). The husband is to “love his wife as he loves himself” (v. 33).

1 Peter 3:7-12 King James Version (KJV)

7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

8 Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:

9 Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

10 For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:

11 Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.

12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum