Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Num 22:39-40
Cross of Christ...... EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:27-28
Cross of Christ...... EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:26
Cross of Christ...... EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 4:04 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:37-38
Cross of Christ...... EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 3:31 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:24-25
Cross of Christ...... EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 4:08 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:30-32
Cross of Christ...... EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 4:16 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:13-15
Cross of Christ...... EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 3:36 am by clark thompson

» A Hopeful Lament By Amy Peterson
Cross of Christ...... EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:42 am by LesBrewer

» What does the Bible say about pettiness?
Cross of Christ...... EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 am by LesBrewer

» A Good Daddy By Xochitl Dixon
Cross of Christ...... EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 1:57 am by LesBrewer

» Num 22:28-29
Cross of Christ...... EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 10:32 pm by clark thompson

» When the Bottom Drops Out By Poh Fang Chia
Cross of Christ...... EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 3:22 pm by LesBrewer

» The Joy of Giving By Leslie Koh
Cross of Christ...... EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 4:34 pm by LesBrewer

» Hard Mysteries By Amy Boucher Pye
Cross of Christ...... EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 6:05 pm by LesBrewer

» Forgiven?
Cross of Christ...... EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 5:42 pm by LesBrewer

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cross of Christ......

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cross of Christ...... Empty Cross of Christ...... Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:09 am

LesBrewer

LesBrewer

CROSS OF CHRIST

What does it symbolize for us? What is the truth of its application? What comfort is in the cross?

Jesus taught; if we strive to save our own lives we shall die; but if we commit to lose our lives we shall live. In the normal sense of language this sounds ludicrous and unconscionable! The spiritual sense of these words is in the context of soul salvation. The object is salvation and the subject is how to obtain it.

(24) Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If anyone desires to come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
(25) For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, and whoever will lose his life for my sake will find it.
(26) For what will it profit a man, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his life? Or what will a man give in exchange for his life? Matthew 16:24-26

In a world filled with self-centeredness; self-denial is obsolete to the mindset of mankind. Following Jesus means taking up the cross allotted to us. It symbolizes our allegiance first and foremost to Christ. Jesus came to save and serve; when we follow him we will also come to save and serve humanity. To take up the cross is the count all things loss for sake of Christ; our life is sufficient in him. We deny ourselves the things the world allows but the word of God condemns. The cross is the trying of our faith; something that often is hurtful or humiliating to the old nature. It may be one thing today and quite another tomorrow. It is personal and individual; one cannot take up the cross of another; each must bear their own cross alone in allegiance to the path that Christ leads them.

The present day crisis is the preaching of a cross-less Christianity. The truth of its biblical and spiritual validity and significance is its application to every individual who desires to follow Christ through taking of the cross. The denial of self is multi-faceted; to one it is selfishness in found in pleasure, another treasure, and to another mental acumen. In other words what is self that leads to selfishness for one is not necessarily what defines self to another. However; all selfishness is sinful in that it is put before God and anything which is put before God is selfish and self-serving in opposition to God’s will concerning the cross one is supposed to bear.

Brethren; we shall never have a crown that is not furnished by the cross. There is no amount of creature comforts which can compare the comforts of eternal reward. Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life and aside from him no one can go to heaven. Jesus paid the ultimate sacrifice for our soul salvation. Yet he still makes demands upon our lives; he taught by example the lifestyle he expected of his disciples. Compliance or obedience is not salvation by our own works but the enabling power of the Holy Spirit who now according to the Lord’s own words lives within us. Any power we possess to work the works of God are through the power baptism of the Holy Spirit. Hence; we are crucified with Christ!

(20) I have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I that live, but Christ lives in me. That life which I now live in the flesh, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself up for me.
(21) I don’t reject the grace of God. For if righteousness is through the law, then Christ died for nothing!” Galatians 2:20-21

Empowered by the Spirit of Christ to pick up the Cross of Christ and live a sanctified sacrificial life!

(22) But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith,
(23) gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
(24) Those who belong to Christ have crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts.
(25) If we live by the Spirit, let’s also walk by the Spirit. Galatians 5:22-25

Brethren; it is evident that to truly live in the Spirit; one must truly die to the flesh. The crucified life is a journey of the trying of the faith. It brings pain at strategic points of fleshly strongholds which stand in opposition to the design of the Spirit for our lives. Holiness is the product of the cross bearer; and a life that glorifies God. Brethren let us keep the faith that was delivered to us all and let us contend with the flesh by taking up the cross. The cross is our way to the crown, and that crown represents our victory over everything that opposes the will of God for our individual lives. Selah

Shalom, Agape, & Amen!
Brother Ray Ritchie (Emissary of the Most High God)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum