Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Num 22:39-40
A Matter Of Trust By Bill Crowder EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:27-28
A Matter Of Trust By Bill Crowder EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:26
A Matter Of Trust By Bill Crowder EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 4:04 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:37-38
A Matter Of Trust By Bill Crowder EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 3:31 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:24-25
A Matter Of Trust By Bill Crowder EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 4:08 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:30-32
A Matter Of Trust By Bill Crowder EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 4:16 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:13-15
A Matter Of Trust By Bill Crowder EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 3:36 am by clark thompson

» A Hopeful Lament By Amy Peterson
A Matter Of Trust By Bill Crowder EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:42 am by LesBrewer

» What does the Bible say about pettiness?
A Matter Of Trust By Bill Crowder EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 am by LesBrewer

» A Good Daddy By Xochitl Dixon
A Matter Of Trust By Bill Crowder EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 1:57 am by LesBrewer

» Num 22:28-29
A Matter Of Trust By Bill Crowder EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 10:32 pm by clark thompson

» When the Bottom Drops Out By Poh Fang Chia
A Matter Of Trust By Bill Crowder EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 3:22 pm by LesBrewer

» The Joy of Giving By Leslie Koh
A Matter Of Trust By Bill Crowder EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 4:34 pm by LesBrewer

» Hard Mysteries By Amy Boucher Pye
A Matter Of Trust By Bill Crowder EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 6:05 pm by LesBrewer

» Forgiven?
A Matter Of Trust By Bill Crowder EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 5:42 pm by LesBrewer

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Matter Of Trust By Bill Crowder

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Matter Of Trust By Bill Crowder Empty A Matter Of Trust By Bill Crowder Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:21 am

LesBrewer

LesBrewer

A Matter Of Trust By Bill Crowder

Read: Psalm 5

Let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them. —Psalm 5:11

A news item from Australia told the story of Pascale Honore, a paraplegic woman who, after 18 years of being confined to a wheelchair, has taken up surfing. How?

Ty Swan, a young surfer, straps her to his back with duct tape. After getting the balance perfect, Ty paddles out into the ocean so they can catch a wave and Pascale can experience the exhilaration of surfing. This requires a tremendous amount of trust; so many things could go wrong. Yet her confidence in Ty is enough to enable her to enjoy a dream come true, in spite of the danger.

Life is like that for the follower of Christ. We live in a dangerous world, filled with unpredictable challenges and unseen perils. Yet, we have joy because we know Someone who is strong enough to carry us through the churning waves of life that threaten to overwhelm us. The psalmist wrote, “Let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; let those also who love Your name be joyful in You” (Ps. 5:11).

In the face of life’s great dangers and challenges, we can know a joy borne out of our trust in God. His strength is more than enough!

I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end. —Stead
Our faith is stretched by exchanging our weakness for God’s strength.

Insight
In Psalm 5, David celebrates the nearness of God. Though He is Lord, God, and King, He is near to those who love and trust Him. God defends those who trust in Him (v.11), blesses the righteous, and surrounds them with a shield (v.12).

Psalm 5 King James Version (KJV)

5 Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my meditation.

2 Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray.

3 My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.

4 For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee.

5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

6 Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the Lord will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.

7 But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple.

8 Lead me, O Lord, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face.

9 For there is no faithfulness in their mouth; their inward part is very wickedness; their throat is an open sepulchre; they flatter with their tongue.

10 Destroy thou them, O God; let them fall by their own counsels; cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions; for they have rebelled against thee.

11 But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.

12 For thou, Lord, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum