Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Num 22:39-40
The Ultimate Reunion By Joe Stowell EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:27-28
The Ultimate Reunion By Joe Stowell EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:26
The Ultimate Reunion By Joe Stowell EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 4:04 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:37-38
The Ultimate Reunion By Joe Stowell EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 3:31 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:24-25
The Ultimate Reunion By Joe Stowell EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 4:08 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:30-32
The Ultimate Reunion By Joe Stowell EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 4:16 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:13-15
The Ultimate Reunion By Joe Stowell EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 3:36 am by clark thompson

» A Hopeful Lament By Amy Peterson
The Ultimate Reunion By Joe Stowell EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:42 am by LesBrewer

» What does the Bible say about pettiness?
The Ultimate Reunion By Joe Stowell EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 am by LesBrewer

» A Good Daddy By Xochitl Dixon
The Ultimate Reunion By Joe Stowell EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 1:57 am by LesBrewer

» Num 22:28-29
The Ultimate Reunion By Joe Stowell EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 10:32 pm by clark thompson

» When the Bottom Drops Out By Poh Fang Chia
The Ultimate Reunion By Joe Stowell EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 3:22 pm by LesBrewer

» The Joy of Giving By Leslie Koh
The Ultimate Reunion By Joe Stowell EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 4:34 pm by LesBrewer

» Hard Mysteries By Amy Boucher Pye
The Ultimate Reunion By Joe Stowell EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 6:05 pm by LesBrewer

» Forgiven?
The Ultimate Reunion By Joe Stowell EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 5:42 pm by LesBrewer

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Ultimate Reunion By Joe Stowell

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Ultimate Reunion By Joe Stowell Empty The Ultimate Reunion By Joe Stowell Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:49 am

LesBrewer

LesBrewer

The Ultimate Reunion By Joe Stowell

Read: 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

We who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them. —1 Thessalonians 4:17

I’ll never forget the vigil of sitting by my dad’s bed as he spent his last few days with us before slipping into eternity. To this day the moment of his passing continues to have a profound effect on me. My dad was always there for me. I could call him whenever I needed counsel. I have great memories of our days fishing together; we would talk about God and the Bible, and I would prompt him to tell those fun stories from his youth on the farm.

But when Dad took his last breath, I became aware of the irreversible finality of death. He was gone from this world. And my heart had a vacancy sign hung on its door.

Yet, even in the midst of such loss and grief, God’s Word speaks encouragingly into the emptiness. The apostle Paul teaches us that at the coming of the Lord Jesus, those who have gone on before will rise first and we “shall be caught up together with them . . . . And thus we shall always be with the Lord” (1 Thess. 4:17). Now that’s a reunion I’m really looking forward to! Not only to be reunited with my dad, but to be with Jesus forever.

C. S. Lewis said, “Christians never say goodbye.” I’m eagerly awaiting that ultimate reunion!

Lord, in the midst of our sorrow and loss, remind
us of the glorious eternal reunion that is waiting
for us. Comfort us in our grief and fill our hearts
with joyful anticipation of the day You will return!
O Death, where is your sting? —1 Corinthians 15:55

Insight
In the Bible, sleep is a euphemism for physical death (Ps. 13:3; Matt. 9:24; 27:52; John 11:11-13; Acts 7:60). Daniel 12:2 says, “Those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, some to shame and everlasting contempt.” Jesus affirmed that “the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth—those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation” (John 5:28-29). On that day when Jesus returns, believers, “those who sleep in Jesus” (1 Thess. 4:14), will be resurrected first (v.16). Then the believers who are still alive will be “caught up” or “raptured” to meet Christ in the air (v.17).

.......................................................................................

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 King James Version (KJV)

13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

2The Ultimate Reunion By Joe Stowell Empty Re: The Ultimate Reunion By Joe Stowell Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:21 pm

lightfootfan

So reassuring!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum