Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Num 22:39-40
Learn To Wait On God By C. P. Hia EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:27-28
Learn To Wait On God By C. P. Hia EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:26
Learn To Wait On God By C. P. Hia EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 4:04 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:37-38
Learn To Wait On God By C. P. Hia EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 3:31 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:24-25
Learn To Wait On God By C. P. Hia EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 4:08 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:30-32
Learn To Wait On God By C. P. Hia EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 4:16 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:13-15
Learn To Wait On God By C. P. Hia EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 3:36 am by clark thompson

» A Hopeful Lament By Amy Peterson
Learn To Wait On God By C. P. Hia EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:42 am by LesBrewer

» What does the Bible say about pettiness?
Learn To Wait On God By C. P. Hia EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 am by LesBrewer

» A Good Daddy By Xochitl Dixon
Learn To Wait On God By C. P. Hia EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 1:57 am by LesBrewer

» Num 22:28-29
Learn To Wait On God By C. P. Hia EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 10:32 pm by clark thompson

» When the Bottom Drops Out By Poh Fang Chia
Learn To Wait On God By C. P. Hia EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 3:22 pm by LesBrewer

» The Joy of Giving By Leslie Koh
Learn To Wait On God By C. P. Hia EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 4:34 pm by LesBrewer

» Hard Mysteries By Amy Boucher Pye
Learn To Wait On God By C. P. Hia EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 6:05 pm by LesBrewer

» Forgiven?
Learn To Wait On God By C. P. Hia EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 5:42 pm by LesBrewer

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

Learn To Wait On God By C. P. Hia

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Learn To Wait On God By C. P. Hia Empty Learn To Wait On God By C. P. Hia Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:03 am

LesBrewer

LesBrewer

Learn To Wait On God By C. P. Hia

Read: Psalm 62:1-8

My soul, wait silently for God alone, for my expectation is from Him. —Psalm 62:5

Cha Sa-soon, a 69-year-old Korean woman, finally received her driving license after 3 years of trying to pass the written test. She wanted the license so she could take her grandchildren to the zoo.

She was persistent in what is normally an instant world. When we want something and cannot get it, we often complain and demand. At other times, we give up and move on if what we want cannot be quickly gratified. “Wait” is a word we hate to hear! Yet, many times the Bible tells us that God wants us to wait on Him for the right timing.

Waiting on God means patiently looking to Him for what we need. David recognized why he had to wait on the Lord. First, his salvation came from Him (Ps. 62:1). He learned that no one else could deliver him. His only hope was in God (v.5), for God alone hears our prayers (v.8).

Our prayers often revolve around asking God to hurry up and bless what we want to do. What if God’s answer to us is simply, “Be patient. Wait upon Me”? We can pray with David: “Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly” (Ps. 5:3 nlt). We can trust His response, even if it doesn’t come in the time we expect.
When we call out to You, O Lord,
And wait for answers to our prayer,
Give us the patience that we need
And help us sense Your love and care. —Sper
The bottom line of every prayer should be, “Your will be done.”

Insight
This psalm is divided into two sections (vv.1-4 and vv.5-8) with almost identical wording in both (vv.2,6). Each section begins with the affirmation that David’s soul waits silently for God (vv.1,5), and in both David describes Him as a rock. Because of God, David will not be moved (vv.2,6-7). Though David speaks to himself in the opening verses of each section, he moves on to address others in later verses. In verses 3-4, he addresses those who stand against him with a warning that they will be defeated. And in verse 8, he encourages the people of God to trust Him for refuge and protection.

Psalm 62:1-8 King James Version (KJV)

62 Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation.

2 He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.

3 How long will ye imagine mischief against a man? ye shall be slain all of you: as a bowing wall shall ye be, and as a tottering fence.

4 They only consult to cast him down from his excellency: they delight in lies: they bless with their mouth, but they curse inwardly. Selah.

5 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.

6 He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.

7 In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.

8 Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.

2Learn To Wait On God By C. P. Hia Empty Re: Learn To Wait On God By C. P. Hia Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:52 pm

Yemima

Yemima
Admin

Sometimes I find it difficult to wait for answers. What are only days seem like weeks and months.

I am finding much comfort it this thread.

Thank you Bro Les

3Learn To Wait On God By C. P. Hia Empty Re: Learn To Wait On God By C. P. Hia Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:37 pm

LesBrewer

LesBrewer

God bless you Yemima

4Learn To Wait On God By C. P. Hia Empty Re: Learn To Wait On God By C. P. Hia Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:48 am

Yemima

Yemima
Admin

We waited for answers about daughter.
Yesterday we found out stage 1 breast cancer.
God is in control.

There has to be an answer as to why. God will let us know what the why is.

We are optimistic....stage 1 is early and treatable!

A song comes to mind:

https://youtu.be/oRc8EPFxPKE

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum