Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Num 22:39-40
Amazing Guide By Poh Fang Chia EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:27-28
Amazing Guide By Poh Fang Chia EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:26
Amazing Guide By Poh Fang Chia EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 4:04 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:37-38
Amazing Guide By Poh Fang Chia EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 3:31 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:24-25
Amazing Guide By Poh Fang Chia EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 4:08 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:30-32
Amazing Guide By Poh Fang Chia EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 4:16 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:13-15
Amazing Guide By Poh Fang Chia EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 3:36 am by clark thompson

» A Hopeful Lament By Amy Peterson
Amazing Guide By Poh Fang Chia EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:42 am by LesBrewer

» What does the Bible say about pettiness?
Amazing Guide By Poh Fang Chia EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 am by LesBrewer

» A Good Daddy By Xochitl Dixon
Amazing Guide By Poh Fang Chia EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 1:57 am by LesBrewer

» Num 22:28-29
Amazing Guide By Poh Fang Chia EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 10:32 pm by clark thompson

» When the Bottom Drops Out By Poh Fang Chia
Amazing Guide By Poh Fang Chia EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 3:22 pm by LesBrewer

» The Joy of Giving By Leslie Koh
Amazing Guide By Poh Fang Chia EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 4:34 pm by LesBrewer

» Hard Mysteries By Amy Boucher Pye
Amazing Guide By Poh Fang Chia EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 6:05 pm by LesBrewer

» Forgiven?
Amazing Guide By Poh Fang Chia EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 5:42 pm by LesBrewer

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

Amazing Guide By Poh Fang Chia

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Amazing Guide By Poh Fang Chia Empty Amazing Guide By Poh Fang Chia Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:34 am

LesBrewer

LesBrewer

Amazing Guide By Poh Fang Chia

Read: Joshua 1:1-9

Not a word failed of any good thing which the Lord had spoken. —Joshua 21:45

When actors and actresses make a movie, it’s the director who sees the “big picture” and the overall direction. Actress Marion Cotillard admits she didn’t understand everything the director was doing in one of her recent films. She said, “I found it very interesting to allow myself to be lost, because I knew that I had this amazing guide. . . . You abandon yourself for a story and a director that will make it all work.”

I think Joshua could have said something similar about the director of his life. In today’s Scripture passage, the newly commissioned leader of Israel is standing at the threshold of the Promised Land. More than 2 million Israelites are looking to him to lead them. How would he do it? God didn’t give him a detailed script, but He gave him the assurance that He would go with him.

God said, “I will be with you. I will not leave you” (Josh. 1:5). He commanded Joshua to study and practice everything written in His Word (vv.7-8), and He promised to be with Joshua wherever he went. Joshua responded with complete devotion and surrender to his amazing Guide, and “not a word failed of any good thing which the Lord had spoken” (21:45).

We too can abandon ourselves to our Director and rest in His faithfulness.
He leadeth me! O blessed thought!
O words with heavenly comfort fraught!
Whate’er I do, where’er I be,
Still ’tis God’s hand that leadeth me. —Gilmore
Faith never knows where it is being led; it knows and loves the One who is leading. —Oswald Chambers

Insight
Moses dishonored God (Num. 20:1-13) and was not allowed to enter the Promised Land (Deut. 3:23-29). Yet God permitted him to see it from afar (34:1-4). Moses was succeeded by Joshua, a man who was “full of the spirit of wisdom” (v.9). In Joshua 1:1-9, God assured Joshua of His presence, power, providence, provision, and protection—just as God had assured Moses and been with him.

..................................................................................

Joshua 1:1-9 King James Version (KJV)

1 Now after the death of Moses the servant of the Lord it came to pass, that the Lord spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses' minister, saying,

2 Moses my servant is dead; now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel.

3 Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses.

4 From the wilderness and this Lebanon even unto the great river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and unto the great sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your coast.

5 There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

6 Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them.

7 Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper withersoever thou goest.

8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum