Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Num 22:39-40
Assembly Required By Bill Crowder EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:27-28
Assembly Required By Bill Crowder EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:26
Assembly Required By Bill Crowder EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 4:04 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:37-38
Assembly Required By Bill Crowder EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 3:31 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:24-25
Assembly Required By Bill Crowder EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 4:08 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:30-32
Assembly Required By Bill Crowder EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 4:16 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:13-15
Assembly Required By Bill Crowder EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 3:36 am by clark thompson

» A Hopeful Lament By Amy Peterson
Assembly Required By Bill Crowder EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:42 am by LesBrewer

» What does the Bible say about pettiness?
Assembly Required By Bill Crowder EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 am by LesBrewer

» A Good Daddy By Xochitl Dixon
Assembly Required By Bill Crowder EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 1:57 am by LesBrewer

» Num 22:28-29
Assembly Required By Bill Crowder EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 10:32 pm by clark thompson

» When the Bottom Drops Out By Poh Fang Chia
Assembly Required By Bill Crowder EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 3:22 pm by LesBrewer

» The Joy of Giving By Leslie Koh
Assembly Required By Bill Crowder EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 4:34 pm by LesBrewer

» Hard Mysteries By Amy Boucher Pye
Assembly Required By Bill Crowder EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 6:05 pm by LesBrewer

» Forgiven?
Assembly Required By Bill Crowder EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 5:42 pm by LesBrewer

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

Assembly Required By Bill Crowder

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Assembly Required By Bill Crowder Empty Assembly Required By Bill Crowder Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:16 am

LesBrewer

LesBrewer

Assembly Required By Bill Crowder

Read: Philippians 4:4-13

Be anxious for nothing, but . . . let your requests be made known to God. —Philippians 4:6

When our daughter and her fiancé began receiving wedding presents, it was a happy time. One gift they received was a bench cabinet that had to be assembled—and I volunteered for the task because they already had so much to do to prepare for the wedding. Although it took a couple of hours, it was much easier than expected. All of the wooden pieces were precut and predrilled, and all the hardware for assembly was included. The instructions were virtually foolproof.

Unfortunately, most of life isn’t that way. Life doesn’t carry with it simple instructions, nor do we find all of the necessary parts in hand. We face situations with no clear idea of what we’re getting into or what it will take to pull it off. We can easily find ourselves overwhelmed with these difficult moments.

But we need not face our burdens alone. God wants us to bring them to Him: “Be anxious for nothing, but . . . let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God . . . will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus” (Phil. 4:6-7).

We have a Savior who understands and offers His peace in the midst of our struggles.
Stayed upon Jehovah,
Hearts are fully blest—
Finding, as He promised,
Perfect peace and rest. —Havergal
The secret of peace is to give every anxious care to God.

Insight

Writing while imprisoned, Paul reminds the believers in the church at Philippi not to be anxious about anything. But these familiar verses should not be detached from what follows. After telling the believers not to be anxious (v.6), Paul encourages them to focus their minds on positive virtues (v.8).

Philippians 4:4-13 King James Version (KJV)

4 Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.

5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

10 But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at the last your care of me hath flourished again; wherein ye were also careful, but ye lacked opportunity.

11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum