Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Num 22:39-40
On a Hill Far Away By Joe Stowell EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:27-28
On a Hill Far Away By Joe Stowell EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:26
On a Hill Far Away By Joe Stowell EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 4:04 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:37-38
On a Hill Far Away By Joe Stowell EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 3:31 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:24-25
On a Hill Far Away By Joe Stowell EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 4:08 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:30-32
On a Hill Far Away By Joe Stowell EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 4:16 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:13-15
On a Hill Far Away By Joe Stowell EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 3:36 am by clark thompson

» A Hopeful Lament By Amy Peterson
On a Hill Far Away By Joe Stowell EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:42 am by LesBrewer

» What does the Bible say about pettiness?
On a Hill Far Away By Joe Stowell EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 am by LesBrewer

» A Good Daddy By Xochitl Dixon
On a Hill Far Away By Joe Stowell EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 1:57 am by LesBrewer

» Num 22:28-29
On a Hill Far Away By Joe Stowell EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 10:32 pm by clark thompson

» When the Bottom Drops Out By Poh Fang Chia
On a Hill Far Away By Joe Stowell EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 3:22 pm by LesBrewer

» The Joy of Giving By Leslie Koh
On a Hill Far Away By Joe Stowell EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 4:34 pm by LesBrewer

» Hard Mysteries By Amy Boucher Pye
On a Hill Far Away By Joe Stowell EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 6:05 pm by LesBrewer

» Forgiven?
On a Hill Far Away By Joe Stowell EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 5:42 pm by LesBrewer

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

On a Hill Far Away By Joe Stowell

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1On a Hill Far Away By Joe Stowell Empty On a Hill Far Away By Joe Stowell Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:25 am

LesBrewer

LesBrewer

On a Hill Far Away By Joe Stowell

On a Hill Far Away By Joe Stowell 08-770x425

Read: Genesis 22:1-12

Take now your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love. —Genesis 22:2

I often find myself thinking back to the years when my children were young. One particular fond memory is our morning wake-up routine. Every morning I’d go into their bedrooms, tenderly call them by name, and tell them that it was time to get up and get ready for the day.

When I read that Abraham got up early in the morning to obey God’s command, I think of those times when I woke up my children and wonder if part of Abraham’s daily routine was going to Isaac’s bed to waken him—and how different it would have been on that particular morning. How heart-rending for Abraham to waken his son that morning!

Abraham bound his son and laid him on an altar, but then God provided an alternate sacrifice. Hundreds of years later, God would supply another sacrifice—the final sacrifice—His own Son. Think of how agonizing it must have been for God to sacrifice His Son, His only Son whom He loved! And He went through all of that because He loves you.

If you wonder whether you are loved by God, wonder no more.

Lord, I am amazed that You would love me so much that You would sacrifice Your Son for me. Teach me to live gratefully in the embrace of Your unfailing love.

God has already proven His love for you.

Genesis 22:1-12King James Version (KJV)

22 And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am.

2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

3 And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and saddled his ass, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son, and clave the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went unto the place of which God had told him.

4 Then on the third day Abraham lifted up his eyes, and saw the place afar off.

5 And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you.

6 And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid it upon Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went both of them together.

7 And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?

8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

9 And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood.

10 And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.

11 And the angel of the Lord called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.

12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum