Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Num 22:39-40
The Whole Story By Dave Branon EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:27-28
The Whole Story By Dave Branon EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:26
The Whole Story By Dave Branon EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 4:04 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:37-38
The Whole Story By Dave Branon EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 3:31 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:24-25
The Whole Story By Dave Branon EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 4:08 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:30-32
The Whole Story By Dave Branon EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 4:16 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:13-15
The Whole Story By Dave Branon EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 3:36 am by clark thompson

» A Hopeful Lament By Amy Peterson
The Whole Story By Dave Branon EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:42 am by LesBrewer

» What does the Bible say about pettiness?
The Whole Story By Dave Branon EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 am by LesBrewer

» A Good Daddy By Xochitl Dixon
The Whole Story By Dave Branon EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 1:57 am by LesBrewer

» Num 22:28-29
The Whole Story By Dave Branon EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 10:32 pm by clark thompson

» When the Bottom Drops Out By Poh Fang Chia
The Whole Story By Dave Branon EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 3:22 pm by LesBrewer

» The Joy of Giving By Leslie Koh
The Whole Story By Dave Branon EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 4:34 pm by LesBrewer

» Hard Mysteries By Amy Boucher Pye
The Whole Story By Dave Branon EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 6:05 pm by LesBrewer

» Forgiven?
The Whole Story By Dave Branon EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 5:42 pm by LesBrewer

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Whole Story By Dave Branon

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Whole Story By Dave Branon Empty The Whole Story By Dave Branon Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:37 am

LesBrewer

LesBrewer

The Whole Story By Dave Branon

The Whole Story By Dave Branon 27-770x425

Read: Acts 8:26-37

Philip opened his mouth, and beginning at this Scripture, preached Jesus to him. —Acts 8:35

Recently my 5-year-old grandson, Dallas, asked, “Why did Jesus die on the cross?” So we had a little talk. I explained to him about sin and Jesus’ willingness to be our sacrifice. Then he ran off to play.

A few minutes later, I overheard him talking to his 5-year-old cousin, Katie, explaining to her why Jesus died. Katie said to him, “But Jesus isn’t dead.” Dallas replied, “Yes. He’s dead. Grampy told me. He died on the cross.”

I realized I hadn’t completed the story. So we had another talk as I explained to Dallas that Jesus rose from the dead. We went over the story again until he understood that Jesus is alive today, even though He did die for us.

What a reminder that people need to hear the whole gospel. When a man from Ethiopia asked Philip about a portion of Scripture he did not understand, Philip “opened his mouth, and beginning at this Scripture, preached Jesus to him” (Acts 8:35).

Tell others the good news about Jesus: that we are all sinners needing salvation; that the perfect Son of God died to save us; and that He rose from the grave, showing His power over death. Jesus, our Savior, is alive and is offering now to live His life through us.

When someone wants to know about Jesus, let’s make sure to tell the whole story!

Lord, Your story is amazing. Help us to tell all of it so others can put their faith in You and enjoy the salvation You offer to all who trust and believe.

Jesus said . . . , “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.” John 11:25

INSIGHT:

Two followers of Christ named Philip are mentioned in the New Testament. The first is the Philip Jesus called to be a disciple (John 1:43). The Philip mentioned in today’s passage was among the seven men chosen to oversee the ministry to the widows at the church in Jerusalem (Acts 6:5).

Acts 8:26-37 King James Version (KJV)

26 And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza, which is desert.

27 And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship,

28 Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet.

29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.

30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:

33 In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.

34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?

35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum