Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Num 22:39-40
Miracle Material By Mart DeHaan EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:27-28
Miracle Material By Mart DeHaan EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:26
Miracle Material By Mart DeHaan EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 4:04 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:37-38
Miracle Material By Mart DeHaan EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 3:31 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:24-25
Miracle Material By Mart DeHaan EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 4:08 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:30-32
Miracle Material By Mart DeHaan EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 4:16 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:13-15
Miracle Material By Mart DeHaan EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 3:36 am by clark thompson

» A Hopeful Lament By Amy Peterson
Miracle Material By Mart DeHaan EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:42 am by LesBrewer

» What does the Bible say about pettiness?
Miracle Material By Mart DeHaan EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 am by LesBrewer

» A Good Daddy By Xochitl Dixon
Miracle Material By Mart DeHaan EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 1:57 am by LesBrewer

» Num 22:28-29
Miracle Material By Mart DeHaan EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 10:32 pm by clark thompson

» When the Bottom Drops Out By Poh Fang Chia
Miracle Material By Mart DeHaan EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 3:22 pm by LesBrewer

» The Joy of Giving By Leslie Koh
Miracle Material By Mart DeHaan EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 4:34 pm by LesBrewer

» Hard Mysteries By Amy Boucher Pye
Miracle Material By Mart DeHaan EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 6:05 pm by LesBrewer

» Forgiven?
Miracle Material By Mart DeHaan EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 5:42 pm by LesBrewer

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

Miracle Material By Mart DeHaan

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Miracle Material By Mart DeHaan Empty Miracle Material By Mart DeHaan Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:03 am

LesBrewer

LesBrewer

Miracle Material By Mart DeHaan

[img]http://cdn.odb.org/files/2015/07/23-770x425.jpg[/ing]

Read: Isaiah 46:1-10

To whom will you compare me? Or who is my equal? —Isaiah 40:25 niv

CNN calls a derivative of graphite a “miracle material” that could revolutionize our future. Only one atom thick, graphene is being hailed as a truly two-dimensional material in a 3-D world. One hundred times stronger than steel, it is harder than diamond, conducts electricity 1,000 times better than copper, and is more flexible than rubber.

In and of themselves, such technological advances are neither moral nor evil. But we are wise to remember the limitations of anything we make for ourselves.

Isaiah spoke to a generation who found themselves carrying into captivity gods they had made with their own hands. The prophet wanted the Israelites to see the irony of needing to care for the silver and gold idols they had crafted to inspire, help, comfort, and protect them.

What was true of Israel holds true for us as well. Nothing we have made or bought for ourselves can meet the needs of our heart. Only God, who has been carrying us “from the womb” (Isa. 46:3-4), can carry us into the future.

Father, thank You for the miracle of relationship with You. Help us not to rely on our own efforts, strength, or possessions but instead sense Your loving care for us.

An idol is anything that takes God’s rightful place.

Insight:

Isaiah assured the discouraged Jewish nation in exile in Babylon that God would come to their rescue and punish their enemies (Isa. 40–55). The Babylonian conquerors and their gods (represented by their chief deity, Bel, and his son Nebo) would be defeated and destroyed (46:1-2). Unlike these false gods, who were crafted by human hands and were incapable of protecting or saving anyone (vv. 6-7), God asserted that He alone was God and there was none like Him (v. 9). He reminded His people that He had faithfully cared for them since birth (vv. 3-4) and He alone had the power to save them (v. 10).

Isaiah 46:1-10 King James Version (KJV)

46 Bel boweth down, Nebo stoopeth, their idols were upon the beasts, and upon the cattle: your carriages were heavy loaden; they are a burden to the weary beast.

2 They stoop, they bow down together; they could not deliver the burden, but themselves are gone into captivity.

3 Hearken unto me, O house of Jacob, and all the remnant of the house of Israel, which are borne by me from the belly, which are carried from the womb:

4 And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you.

5 To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?

6 They lavish gold out of the bag, and weigh silver in the balance, and hire a goldsmith; and he maketh it a god: they fall down, yea, they worship.

7 They bear him upon the shoulder, they carry him, and set him in his place, and he standeth; from his place shall he not remove: yea, one shall cry unto him, yet can he not answer, nor save him out of his trouble.

8 Remember this, and shew yourselves men: bring it again to mind, O ye transgressors.

9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

King James Version (KJV)

by Public Domain

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum