Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Num 22:39-40
The Joy of Your Presence By Dennis Fisher EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:27-28
The Joy of Your Presence By Dennis Fisher EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:26
The Joy of Your Presence By Dennis Fisher EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 4:04 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:37-38
The Joy of Your Presence By Dennis Fisher EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 3:31 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:24-25
The Joy of Your Presence By Dennis Fisher EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 4:08 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:30-32
The Joy of Your Presence By Dennis Fisher EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 4:16 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:13-15
The Joy of Your Presence By Dennis Fisher EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 3:36 am by clark thompson

» A Hopeful Lament By Amy Peterson
The Joy of Your Presence By Dennis Fisher EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:42 am by LesBrewer

» What does the Bible say about pettiness?
The Joy of Your Presence By Dennis Fisher EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 am by LesBrewer

» A Good Daddy By Xochitl Dixon
The Joy of Your Presence By Dennis Fisher EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 1:57 am by LesBrewer

» Num 22:28-29
The Joy of Your Presence By Dennis Fisher EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 10:32 pm by clark thompson

» When the Bottom Drops Out By Poh Fang Chia
The Joy of Your Presence By Dennis Fisher EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 3:22 pm by LesBrewer

» The Joy of Giving By Leslie Koh
The Joy of Your Presence By Dennis Fisher EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 4:34 pm by LesBrewer

» Hard Mysteries By Amy Boucher Pye
The Joy of Your Presence By Dennis Fisher EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 6:05 pm by LesBrewer

» Forgiven?
The Joy of Your Presence By Dennis Fisher EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 5:42 pm by LesBrewer

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Joy of Your Presence By Dennis Fisher

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

LesBrewer

LesBrewer

The Joy of Your Presence By Dennis Fisher

The Joy of Your Presence By Dennis Fisher 22-770x425

Read: Psalm 145:1-18

Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; he is to be feared above all gods. Psalm 96:4

“Man’s chief end is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever,” says the Westminster Catechism. Much of Scripture calls for joyful gratitude and adoration of the living God. When we honor God, we celebrate Him as the Source from which all goodness flows.

When we praise God from our heart we find ourselves in that joyful state for which we were created. Just as a beautiful sunset or a peaceful pastoral scene points to the majesty of the Creator, so worship draws us into a close spiritual union with Him. The psalmist says, “Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise . . . . The Lord is near to all who call on him” (Ps. 145:3,18).

God does not need our praise, but we need to praise God. By basking in His presence we drink in the joy of His infinite love and rejoice in the One who came to redeem and restore us. “In your presence there is fullness of joy,” the psalmist says. “At your right hand are pleasures forevermore” (Ps. 16:11 esv).

Dear Lord, You are the great and mighty God, the Creator of the universe. I will praise Your name always. There is no God besides You.

Worship is a heart overflowing with praise to God.

Insight:

Psalm 145 is a declaration of David’s praise. While some psalms recall God’s past deliverances, this psalm focuses entirely on God’s help in the present. Bill Crowder

Psalm 145:1-18 King James Version (KJV)

145 I will extol thee, my God, O king; and I will bless thy name for ever and ever.

2 Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever.

3 Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable.

4 One generation shall praise thy works to another, and shall declare thy mighty acts.

5 I will speak of the glorious honour of thy majesty, and of thy wondrous works.

6 And men shall speak of the might of thy terrible acts: and I will declare thy greatness.

7 They shall abundantly utter the memory of thy great goodness, and shall sing of thy righteousness.

8 The Lord is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.

9 The Lord is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.

10 All thy works shall praise thee, O Lord; and thy saints shall bless thee.

11 They shall speak of the glory of thy kingdom, and talk of thy power;

12 To make known to the sons of men his mighty acts, and the glorious majesty of his kingdom.

13 Thy kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and thy dominion endureth throughout all generations.

14 The Lord upholdeth all that fall, and raiseth up all those that be bowed down.

15 The eyes of all wait upon thee; and thou givest them their meat in due season.

16 Thou openest thine hand, and satisfiest the desire of every living thing.

17 The Lord is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works.

18 The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum