Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Num 22:39-40
ANGER IS ALL AROUND ME! EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:27-28
ANGER IS ALL AROUND ME! EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:26
ANGER IS ALL AROUND ME! EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 4:04 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:37-38
ANGER IS ALL AROUND ME! EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 3:31 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:24-25
ANGER IS ALL AROUND ME! EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 4:08 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:30-32
ANGER IS ALL AROUND ME! EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 4:16 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:13-15
ANGER IS ALL AROUND ME! EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 3:36 am by clark thompson

» A Hopeful Lament By Amy Peterson
ANGER IS ALL AROUND ME! EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:42 am by LesBrewer

» What does the Bible say about pettiness?
ANGER IS ALL AROUND ME! EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 am by LesBrewer

» A Good Daddy By Xochitl Dixon
ANGER IS ALL AROUND ME! EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 1:57 am by LesBrewer

» Num 22:28-29
ANGER IS ALL AROUND ME! EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 10:32 pm by clark thompson

» When the Bottom Drops Out By Poh Fang Chia
ANGER IS ALL AROUND ME! EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 3:22 pm by LesBrewer

» The Joy of Giving By Leslie Koh
ANGER IS ALL AROUND ME! EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 4:34 pm by LesBrewer

» Hard Mysteries By Amy Boucher Pye
ANGER IS ALL AROUND ME! EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 6:05 pm by LesBrewer

» Forgiven?
ANGER IS ALL AROUND ME! EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 5:42 pm by LesBrewer

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

ANGER IS ALL AROUND ME!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ANGER IS ALL AROUND ME! Empty ANGER IS ALL AROUND ME! Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:26 pm

LesBrewer

LesBrewer

ANGER IS ALL AROUND ME!

I turn on the news; I see anger! I turn on the radio; I hear anger! I log on to the internet; I view anger! Everywhere I am seeing and hearing anger! The Populous, Politicians, and supposedly Pious people all filled with anger. It’s one thing when the world and worldly people are full of anger or rage; but quite another when people of the Lord are just as outrageous! There are things in life which will provoke righteous anger; but God demands that we quench the spirit of anger before it hardens our hearts and impairs our walk with him.

(26) Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Ephesians 4:26

The Greek word for angry there is orgizō. It means to provoke or enrage. The Greek word for wrath in this verse is par-org-is-mos', it means rage!

This verse deals with dealing with anger before we lay down to sleep. Resolution is important when it comes to those things we allow to rile us to rage. Praying for peace is imperative and asking God to forgive us for being so outrageously angered. Many of things which anger us can be resolved through prayer; but sometimes a conflict may extend to a meeting with someone which by godly counsel can help resolve the issue which invokes that wrath. Let us remember the wise counsel of the word of God in James.

(19) Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
(20) For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. James 1:19-20

Words spoken in the heat of the moment are usually critical, condescending, and belittling! As for me and my spouse we will choose to serve the Lord! Vengeance is mine saith the Lord; I will repay! Humble yourself therefore under the hand of the Lord; that you may be exalted in due season; when our humility exalts us it is a reflection of the Lord shining through us.

The Greek word for wrath is or-gay', it means to desire with violent passion punishment, vengeance, retribution.

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. (Romans 12:19)

Ekdikeō is Greek for the word avenge; it means to vindicate, retaliate, punish. God has promised the Christian to be their avenger and recompense evil for evil when we allow him to take charge of our lives.

Brethren when we allow ourselves to get so invested in the issues of this world that it provokes the raw side of our old man to resurrect in the presence of a worldly audience we do harm to the gospel and to our testimony of Christ living in us. Brethren we will never stop the issues that consume the world which are abominable; why? The world is getting worse and worse as time goes forward; yet we must continue to follow Christ; he is our standard bearer and our paradigm.

(1) Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come!
(2) It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.
(3) Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.
(4) And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him. Luke 17:1-4

Check out this principle; we have offense and we have recompense; we have trespass, rebuke, and repentance with forgiveness as the solution.

Skan'-dal-on is the Greek word used for offense; it is also the word we derive the word scandal from. It is a derivative of a word which means to bend; or figuratively to set a snare or trap. The world is a snare that wants to trap us in a scandal. Being an angry filled person who bloviates the venom of the world has been ensnared and has lost sight of Christ and replaced him with the gods of this world. Brethren don’t get ensnared into the scandals of this present life; Jesus is coming for a bride who has cleansed herself from the filthiness of spirit, the flesh, and the world. I know I need more cleansing; how about you? Selah!

Shalom, Agape, & Amen! 
Ap. D.R. Ritchie (Emissary)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum