Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Num 22:39-40
Acts 2:22-47 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:27-28
Acts 2:22-47 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:26
Acts 2:22-47 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 4:04 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:37-38
Acts 2:22-47 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 3:31 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:24-25
Acts 2:22-47 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 4:08 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:30-32
Acts 2:22-47 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 4:16 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:13-15
Acts 2:22-47 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 3:36 am by clark thompson

» A Hopeful Lament By Amy Peterson
Acts 2:22-47 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:42 am by LesBrewer

» What does the Bible say about pettiness?
Acts 2:22-47 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 am by LesBrewer

» A Good Daddy By Xochitl Dixon
Acts 2:22-47 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 1:57 am by LesBrewer

» Num 22:28-29
Acts 2:22-47 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 10:32 pm by clark thompson

» When the Bottom Drops Out By Poh Fang Chia
Acts 2:22-47 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 3:22 pm by LesBrewer

» The Joy of Giving By Leslie Koh
Acts 2:22-47 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 4:34 pm by LesBrewer

» Hard Mysteries By Amy Boucher Pye
Acts 2:22-47 EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 6:05 pm by LesBrewer

» Forgiven?
Acts 2:22-47 EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 5:42 pm by LesBrewer

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

Acts 2:22-47

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Acts 2:22-47 Empty Acts 2:22-47 Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:26 pm

clark thompson

Acts 2:22-28King James Version (KJV)

22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.

Acts 2:22-28New King James Version (NKJV)

22 “Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know— 23 Him, being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death; 24 whom God raised up, having loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it. 25 For David says concerning Him:
‘I foresaw the LORD always before my face,
For He is at my right hand, that I may not be shaken.
26 Therefore my heart rejoiced, and my tongue was glad;
Moreover my flesh also will rest in hope.
27 For You will not leave my soul in Hades,
Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption.
28 You have made known to me the ways of life;
You will make me full of joy in Your presence.’

New King James Version (NKJV) The Holy Bible, New King James Version Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

22 Peter’s sermon at this time was to the Jews that do not mean we can not use it because it is also for us. The works that Jesus did showed He was from God, this is not to say all that are of God do miracles or that all miracle workers are from God, you also have to listen to what they say as well. Their words if they are of God will be backed up by the word of God.

23 God plan had be set into motion long before they came around and it had been finished. It was God’s plan that Christ died and it was His plan to turn His own people against Him to do it.

24 Death could not defeat Christ. Nothing could stand in the way of Christ doing God’s will. As His followers death can take our life but we also have life in Him that will not end.

25 This Ps 16:8-11 at that time the numbers would have not been put in the bible this is why Peter could not quote the place where the verse was, by saying it was written by David was a way of saying it was in Psalms. This is referring to Christ who stands at the right hand the power of God and He came before man as Jesus.

26 Jesus brings so many great things to those that turn to Him, He gives us a joy that we can not have otherwise and gives us a peace and a purpose. He is our rest and brings hope.

27 We are made holy by the blood of Christ as His followers; we will not face the wrath of hell. We will be spared what we deserve.

28 Jesus will reveal things to us; He will lead us to ways we are to go. We are to be obedient to Him and serve Him in all we do; this is our honor to do so because He died for us.

Last edited by clark thompson on Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Acts 2:22-47 Empty Re: Acts 2:22-47 Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:22 pm

clark thompson

3Acts 2:22-47 Empty Re: Acts 2:22-47 Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:40 pm

clark thompson

Acts 2:29-47 King James Version (KJV)

29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call.
40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Acts 2:29-47 New King James Version (NKJV)

29 “Men and brethren, let me speak freely to you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. 30 Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that of the fruit of his body, according to the flesh, He would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne, 31 he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption. 32 This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses. 33 Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear.
34 “For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he says himself:
‘The LORD said to my Lord,
“Sit at My right hand,
35 Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.”’
36 “Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”
37 Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?”
38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.” A Vital Church Grows
40 And with many other words he testified and exhorted them, saying, “Be saved from this perverse generation.” 41 Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them. 42 And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers. 43 Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles. 44 Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common, 45 and sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone had need.
46 So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, 47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.

New King James Version (NKJV) The Holy Bible, New King James Version Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

29 David was a very important of Jewish history the start of a dynasty of kings it goes to the King Jesus. David died people could go to his tomb where his body was laid to rest. Christ tomb would be left empty because He defeated death.

30 David was not commonly seen as a prophet but many Psalms he wrote speak of Christ before His coming. Jesus was a descendent of David. Jesus would also be born in the birth city of David as well. Christ is the only one who has a right to the throne that was David’s.

31 Death did not defeat Jesus and the grave could not keep Him, at this time Jesus had brought people back from the dead and later by the power of the Holy Spirit believers would raise people from the dead but this is only case of someone being dead for days and just coming back to life, only Christ did this no one else. Christ who did not deserve death died so we could live.

32 At this time there were many people who saw Christ first hand come back, He was on the earth 40 days after His raised from the grave. Today we have to base it of faith and that the Spirit uses us but we can not see Christ rising first hand.

33 Christ left and the Spirit came. The Spirit would be with all believers; Jesus was only at one place at a time.

34 David had and has no throne in heaven but Christ does.

35 Christ will conqueror, when He is ready.

36 If people can not accept who Jesus is than the can not accept God or His will by rejecting who Jesus is you reject God. Jesus is God. The one that had been promised since the time of Abraham had finally come, today we await His return.

37 They had conviction. Conviction is not easy but makes us ready for the Spirit and is part of what the Spirit does while bringing us to Faith.
38 By the Spirit we can turn from our sins. We can not both serve sin and God even though we will always be sinners we are to stop being slaves to sinners and start being servants to Christ. Baptism shows that we come to faith not bring one to salvation. A person can be dunked under water and have no knowledge of Jesus. They were baptized in the name of Jesus, His name has the power. Baptism symbolizes our death and being raised in a new life with Christ and also symbolizes us having our sins wash away.

39 The Lord has to call us for us to be able to come to Faith. God is always apart of people coming to faith, He needs to be there through the whole process.

40 We need to be saved from what this world has for us. We often need to be encouraged to keep following God’s will because often times the world will be pulling us every direction but God’s. Being a Christian is not easy and those who came to faith where would have a very difficult time and would have Saul to deal with, who wanted all Christians dead.

41 3000 men coming to faith, this can only be done by the power of Christ, if one comes to faith it is by the power of Christ. This group would by the Spirit leading them change the world.

42 It is very important to grow and learn from other Christians, we do not know everything at the start and when need others to help with our walk with Christ. Discipleship is often not done as much as it needs to be. The church should keep focus on people even after they come to faith. This was church, Christians spending time together in the name of Jesus is what a church service is all about.

43 They had a respect for the power of God; this only comes truly thru Christ. They were not scared of God. God knew that not all the world would come to faith by the reading of scripture many places would have to see signs before the listened to the Word.

44 This does not mean they agreed on everything in life but that them but all things they would disagree with away. They would not let any thing get in the way of them being together, the strength of the church is coming together, standing united in the name of Jesus.

45 They shared everything, this is something no longer practiced by the church today. No one was left in need, no one had more than others everyone got what they needed.

46 We see that the church met daily, today the church often meets less even though the bible says we should meet more and more. We as believers are the church and should come together as much as we can. We spend our life in a world that hates us; we need to be able to get away to something different the church.

47 we should praise God in all we do and be serving Him in all we do. The church kept growing, this should keep happening today and if it is not we need to ask what is wrong but it is never what God is doing that is wrong.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum