Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Num 22:39-40
A Mouse Story! EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:27-28
A Mouse Story! EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:26
A Mouse Story! EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 4:04 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:37-38
A Mouse Story! EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 3:31 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:24-25
A Mouse Story! EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 4:08 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:30-32
A Mouse Story! EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 4:16 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:13-15
A Mouse Story! EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 3:36 am by clark thompson

» A Hopeful Lament By Amy Peterson
A Mouse Story! EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:42 am by LesBrewer

» What does the Bible say about pettiness?
A Mouse Story! EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 am by LesBrewer

» A Good Daddy By Xochitl Dixon
A Mouse Story! EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 1:57 am by LesBrewer

» Num 22:28-29
A Mouse Story! EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 10:32 pm by clark thompson

» When the Bottom Drops Out By Poh Fang Chia
A Mouse Story! EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 3:22 pm by LesBrewer

» The Joy of Giving By Leslie Koh
A Mouse Story! EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 4:34 pm by LesBrewer

» Hard Mysteries By Amy Boucher Pye
A Mouse Story! EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 6:05 pm by LesBrewer

» Forgiven?
A Mouse Story! EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 5:42 pm by LesBrewer

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Mouse Story!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Mouse Story! Empty A Mouse Story! Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:42 am

LesBrewer

LesBrewer

A MOUSE STORY

A Mouse looked through the crack in the wall to see the farmer and his wife open a package. "What food might that be he asked himself" He was devastated to discover it was a mousetrap. Retreating to the barnyard, the mouse proclaimed the warning, "There is a mouse trap in the house!!! There is a mouse trap in the house"!!!
The chicken clucked, scratched, raised her head and said "Mr. Mouse, I can tell you this is grave concern to you but because it is of no consequence to me, I cannot be bothered with it.
The mouse turned to the pig and told him, "There is a mouse trap in the house" There is a mouse trap in the house"!!
The pig sympathized with him but said, " I am very sorry Mr Mouse, but there is nothing I can do about it but pray. Be assured you are in my prayers
The mouse turned to the cow and said "There is a mouse trap i9n the house!! There is a mouse trap in the house"!!
The cow said Mr Mouse I am sorry for you, but it's no skin off my nose!.
So the mouse returned to the house, head down and dejected, to face the farmer's mouse trap alone.
That very night a sound was heard throughout the house - like the sound of a mousetrap catching it's prey. The farmer's wife rushed to see what was caught. In the darkness she did not see it was a venomous snake whose tail the rap had caught. The snake bit the farmer's wife . The farmer rushed his wife to the hospital where she was treated and soon returned home. A day later however she came down with a fever.
Now everyone knows you treat a fever with chicken soup and the farmer proceeded to the barnyard with his hatchet for the soup's main ingredient. But his wife's sickness continued , so neighbors and friends came to sit with her around the clock. To feed them all the farmer found it necessary to butcher the pig. The farmer's wife did not get well, in fact she died.
The farmer was well known and liked in the community and so people came to the funeral service from far and wide. He was grateful for thier presence and respect during his time of grief and decided to have the cow slaughtered to provide enough meat to feed all of them.
The mouse looked upon it all from the crack in his wall with great sadness. All of this trouble could have been averted, he thought to himself, if only everyone would have had a greater interest and concern for the well being of each other.
So, the next time you hear someone is facing a problem and think it doesn't concern you, remember - when one of us is threatened, we are all at risk. We are all involved in this journey called LIFE. We must keep an eye out for one another and make extra effort to encourage one another. Each of us is a vital thread in another person's Tapestry.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum