Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Num 22:39-40
The Final Picture By Julie Ackerman EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:27-28
The Final Picture By Julie Ackerman EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:26
The Final Picture By Julie Ackerman EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 4:04 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:37-38
The Final Picture By Julie Ackerman EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 3:31 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:24-25
The Final Picture By Julie Ackerman EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 4:08 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:30-32
The Final Picture By Julie Ackerman EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 4:16 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:13-15
The Final Picture By Julie Ackerman EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 3:36 am by clark thompson

» A Hopeful Lament By Amy Peterson
The Final Picture By Julie Ackerman EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:42 am by LesBrewer

» What does the Bible say about pettiness?
The Final Picture By Julie Ackerman EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 am by LesBrewer

» A Good Daddy By Xochitl Dixon
The Final Picture By Julie Ackerman EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 1:57 am by LesBrewer

» Num 22:28-29
The Final Picture By Julie Ackerman EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 10:32 pm by clark thompson

» When the Bottom Drops Out By Poh Fang Chia
The Final Picture By Julie Ackerman EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 3:22 pm by LesBrewer

» The Joy of Giving By Leslie Koh
The Final Picture By Julie Ackerman EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 4:34 pm by LesBrewer

» Hard Mysteries By Amy Boucher Pye
The Final Picture By Julie Ackerman EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 6:05 pm by LesBrewer

» Forgiven?
The Final Picture By Julie Ackerman EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 5:42 pm by LesBrewer

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Final Picture By Julie Ackerman

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Final Picture By Julie Ackerman Empty The Final Picture By Julie Ackerman Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:51 am

LesBrewer

LesBrewer

The Final Picture By Julie Ackerman

Read: Isaiah 40:21-31
Lift up your eyes on high, and see who has created these things. —Isaiah 40:26

What started as an empty 11-acre field in Belfast, Northern Ireland, ended up as the largest land portrait in the British Isles. Wish, by artist Jorge Rodriguez-Gerada, is made from 30,000 wooden pegs, 2,000 tons of soil, 2,000 tons of sand, and miscellaneous items such as grass, stones, and string.

At the beginning, only the artist knew what the final artwork was going to look like. He hired workers and recruited volunteers to haul materials and move them into place. As they worked, they saw little indication that something amazing was about to emerge. But it did. From the ground, it doesn’t look like much. But from above, viewers see a huge portrait—the smiling face of a little girl.

God is doing something on a grander scale in the world. He’s the artist who sees the final picture. We’re His “fellow workers” (1 Cor. 3:9) who are helping to make it a reality. Through the prophet Isaiah, God reminded His people that it is He who “sits above the circle of the earth” and “stretches out the heavens like a curtain” (Isa. 40:22). We can’t see the final picture, but we continue on in faith, knowing that we’re part of an amazing work of art—one that is being created on earth but will be best seen from heaven.
While sometimes I think I can see the big picture,
Lord, my heart knows it sees so little. I’m
thankful that You are working out Your beautiful
will in this world, and I can trust You.
God is using us to help create a masterpiece.

Isaiah 40:21-31 King James Version (KJV)

21 Have ye not known? have ye not heard? hath it not been told you from the beginning? have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth?

22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

23 That bringeth the princes to nothing; he maketh the judges of the earth as vanity.

24 Yea, they shall not be planted; yea, they shall not be sown: yea, their stock shall not take root in the earth: and he shall also blow upon them, and they shall wither, and the whirlwind shall take them away as stubble.

25 To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One.

26 Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things, that bringeth out their host by number: he calleth them all by names by the greatness of his might, for that he is strong in power; not one faileth.

27 Why sayest thou, O Jacob, and speakest, O Israel, My way is hid from the Lord, and my judgment is passed over from my God?

28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.

29 He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.

30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:

31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum