Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Num 22:39-40
Where Are You? By Lawrence Darmani EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:27-28
Where Are You? By Lawrence Darmani EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:26
Where Are You? By Lawrence Darmani EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 4:04 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:37-38
Where Are You? By Lawrence Darmani EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 3:31 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:24-25
Where Are You? By Lawrence Darmani EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 4:08 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:30-32
Where Are You? By Lawrence Darmani EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 4:16 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:13-15
Where Are You? By Lawrence Darmani EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 3:36 am by clark thompson

» A Hopeful Lament By Amy Peterson
Where Are You? By Lawrence Darmani EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:42 am by LesBrewer

» What does the Bible say about pettiness?
Where Are You? By Lawrence Darmani EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 am by LesBrewer

» A Good Daddy By Xochitl Dixon
Where Are You? By Lawrence Darmani EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 1:57 am by LesBrewer

» Num 22:28-29
Where Are You? By Lawrence Darmani EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 10:32 pm by clark thompson

» When the Bottom Drops Out By Poh Fang Chia
Where Are You? By Lawrence Darmani EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 3:22 pm by LesBrewer

» The Joy of Giving By Leslie Koh
Where Are You? By Lawrence Darmani EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 4:34 pm by LesBrewer

» Hard Mysteries By Amy Boucher Pye
Where Are You? By Lawrence Darmani EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 6:05 pm by LesBrewer

» Forgiven?
Where Are You? By Lawrence Darmani EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 5:42 pm by LesBrewer

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where Are You? By Lawrence Darmani

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Where Are You? By Lawrence Darmani Empty Where Are You? By Lawrence Darmani Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:22 am

LesBrewer

LesBrewer

Where Are You? By Lawrence Darmani

Read: Genesis 3:1-10

The Lord God . . . said to him, “Where are you?” —Genesis 3:9

The two teenage boys heard the sound of their parents’ car and panicked. How would they explain the mess in the house? Their father’s instructions had been clear that morning before he and their mother drove out of town: no parties, no rowdy friends. But the unruly friends came and the boys allowed them to stay, despite their father’s warning. Now the house was in a jumble and the boys were tipsy and disheveled. In fear, they hid.

That was how Adam and Eve must have felt after they had chosen to disobey God and then heard the sound of Him approaching. In fear, they hid themselves. “Where are you?” God called (Gen. 3:9). Adam responded, “I heard Your voice in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; and I hid myself” (v.10). Sin makes us feel afraid and naked, and we become vulnerable to even more temptation.

God is still calling to people: “Where are you?” Many run away, trying to hide from Him or drown out the sound of His voice. Yet we cannot hide from God; He knows exactly where we are. Rather than hide in fear, we can respond in this way: “God, be merciful to me a sinner!” (Luke 18:13).
Would you be free from the burden of sin?
There’s power in the blood, power in the blood;
Would you over evil a victory win?
There’s wonderful power in the blood. —Jones
The only place to hide sin is under the blood of Christ.

Insight
God did not force Adam and Eve to obey Him but allowed them to choose. Similarly, He did not force them to come to Him after they sinned. Instead, He called to them and allowed them to respond to His call.

...................................................................................

Genesis 3:1-10King James Version (KJV)

3 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

8 And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden.

9 And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?

10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum