Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Num 22:39-40
Hidden Mysteries By Julie Ackerman EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:27-28
Hidden Mysteries By Julie Ackerman EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:26
Hidden Mysteries By Julie Ackerman EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 4:04 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:37-38
Hidden Mysteries By Julie Ackerman EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 3:31 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:24-25
Hidden Mysteries By Julie Ackerman EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 4:08 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:30-32
Hidden Mysteries By Julie Ackerman EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 4:16 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:13-15
Hidden Mysteries By Julie Ackerman EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 3:36 am by clark thompson

» A Hopeful Lament By Amy Peterson
Hidden Mysteries By Julie Ackerman EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:42 am by LesBrewer

» What does the Bible say about pettiness?
Hidden Mysteries By Julie Ackerman EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 am by LesBrewer

» A Good Daddy By Xochitl Dixon
Hidden Mysteries By Julie Ackerman EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 1:57 am by LesBrewer

» Num 22:28-29
Hidden Mysteries By Julie Ackerman EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 10:32 pm by clark thompson

» When the Bottom Drops Out By Poh Fang Chia
Hidden Mysteries By Julie Ackerman EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 3:22 pm by LesBrewer

» The Joy of Giving By Leslie Koh
Hidden Mysteries By Julie Ackerman EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 4:34 pm by LesBrewer

» Hard Mysteries By Amy Boucher Pye
Hidden Mysteries By Julie Ackerman EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 6:05 pm by LesBrewer

» Forgiven?
Hidden Mysteries By Julie Ackerman EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 5:42 pm by LesBrewer

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hidden Mysteries By Julie Ackerman

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hidden Mysteries By Julie Ackerman Empty Hidden Mysteries By Julie Ackerman Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:42 am

LesBrewer

LesBrewer

Hidden Mysteries By Julie Ackerman

Hidden Mysteries By Julie Ackerman 26-770x425

Read: 2 Kings 6:15–23

Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them. —2 Kings 6:16

Most of what goes on in the universe we never see. Many things are too small or move too fast or even too slow for us to see. Using modern technology, however, filmmaker Louis Schwartzberg is able to show stunning video images of some of those things—a caterpillar’s mouth, the eye of a fruit fly, the growth of a mushroom.

Our limited ability to see the awesome and intricate detail of things in the physical world reminds us that our ability to see and understand what’s happening in the spiritual realm is equally limited. God is at work all around us doing things more wonderful than we can imagine. But our spiritual vision is limited and we cannot see them. The prophet Elisha, however, actually got to see the supernatural work that God was doing. God also opened the eyes of his fearful colleague so he too could see the heavenly army sent to fight on their behalf (2 Kings 6:17).

Fear makes us feel weak and helpless and causes us to think we are alone in the world. But God has assured us that His Spirit in us is greater than any worldly power (1 John 4:4).

Whenever we become discouraged by the evil we can see, we need to think instead about the good work God is doing that we cannot see.

Lord, I’m tempted to fear what I cannot understand or control. But my security rests in You and not in what happens to me or around me. Help me to rest in Your unfailing love.

Eyes of faith see God at work in everything.

INSIGHT:

Scripture speaks of unseen angels protecting God’s people (Ps. 34:7; Dan. 3:25-28; Matt. 4:6; Acts 5:19; 12:7). They are God’s “servants—spirits sent to care for people who will inherit salvation” (Heb. 1:14 nlt).

2 Kings 6:15-23 King James Version (KJV)

15 And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do?

16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.

17 And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

18 And when they came down to him, Elisha prayed unto the Lord, and said, Smite this people, I pray thee, with blindness. And he smote them with blindness according to the word of Elisha.

19 And Elisha said unto them, This is not the way, neither is this the city: follow me, and I will bring you to the man whom ye seek. But he led them to Samaria.

20 And it came to pass, when they were come into Samaria, that Elisha said, Lord, open the eyes of these men, that they may see. And the Lord opened their eyes, and they saw; and, behold, they were in the midst of Samaria.

21 And the king of Israel said unto Elisha, when he saw them, My father, shall I smite them? shall I smite them?

22 And he answered, Thou shalt not smite them: wouldest thou smite those whom thou hast taken captive with thy sword and with thy bow? set bread and water before them, that they may eat and drink, and go to their master.

23 And he prepared great provision for them: and when they had eaten and drunk, he sent them away, and they went to their master. So the bands of Syria came no more into the land of Israel.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum