Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Num 22:39-40
Waiting on God By Randy Kilgore EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:27-28
Waiting on God By Randy Kilgore EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:26
Waiting on God By Randy Kilgore EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 4:04 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:37-38
Waiting on God By Randy Kilgore EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 3:31 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:24-25
Waiting on God By Randy Kilgore EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 4:08 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:30-32
Waiting on God By Randy Kilgore EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 4:16 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:13-15
Waiting on God By Randy Kilgore EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 3:36 am by clark thompson

» A Hopeful Lament By Amy Peterson
Waiting on God By Randy Kilgore EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:42 am by LesBrewer

» What does the Bible say about pettiness?
Waiting on God By Randy Kilgore EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 am by LesBrewer

» A Good Daddy By Xochitl Dixon
Waiting on God By Randy Kilgore EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 1:57 am by LesBrewer

» Num 22:28-29
Waiting on God By Randy Kilgore EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 10:32 pm by clark thompson

» When the Bottom Drops Out By Poh Fang Chia
Waiting on God By Randy Kilgore EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 3:22 pm by LesBrewer

» The Joy of Giving By Leslie Koh
Waiting on God By Randy Kilgore EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 4:34 pm by LesBrewer

» Hard Mysteries By Amy Boucher Pye
Waiting on God By Randy Kilgore EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 6:05 pm by LesBrewer

» Forgiven?
Waiting on God By Randy Kilgore EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 5:42 pm by LesBrewer

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

Waiting on God By Randy Kilgore

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Waiting on God By Randy Kilgore Empty Waiting on God By Randy Kilgore Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:10 am

LesBrewer

LesBrewer

Waiting on God By Randy Kilgore

Waiting on God By Randy Kilgore 03-770x425

Read: 2 Peter 3:8–15

[The Lord] is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9

I was sitting with a group of passengers on an airport shuttle heading to our connecting flight when the bus driver was told to “hold in place.” It looked like we would miss our flight, and this was more than one passenger could handle. He exploded at the driver, insisting he ignore his orders or “risk the wrath of a lawsuit.” Just then an airline employee came dashing up carrying a briefcase. Looking at the angry man, the airline employee triumphantly held up the briefcase. When he had caught his breath, he said, “You left your briefcase. I heard you mention how important your meeting was, and I figured you would need this.”

Sometimes I find myself impatient with God, especially about His return. I wonder, What can He be waiting on? The tragedies around us, the suffering of people we love, and even the stresses of daily life all seem bigger than the fixes on the horizon.

Then someone tells their story of having just met Jesus, or I discover God is still at work in the messes. It reminds me of what I learned that day on the shuttle. There are stories and details God knows that I don’t. It reminds me to trust Him and to remember that the story isn’t about me. It’s about God’s plan to give time to others who don’t yet know His Son (2 Peter 3:9).

I’m thankful You are patiently waiting for more people to trust in You before You return. Help me to be patient too.

Wait and witness till Jesus returns.

INSIGHT:

The New Testament manuscripts, which were written in Greek, use two different words for patience. One word describes patience regarding circumstances; the other relates to patience with people. When the Greek text speaks of God’s patience, the word used is almost always the one that refers to people. God’s patience with us is not because He can’t compel us to do what He wants, but because He loves us, respects our will, and has given each of us the ability to make our own choices. Adapted from What Does the Bible Say About Patience? Read it at discoveryseries.org/q0722

2 Peter 3:8-15 King James Version (KJV)

8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum