Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join our study and walk through the Bible with us.

Latest topics
» Num 22:39-40
Not Saying Goodbye By Randy Kilgore EmptyTue Nov 06, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:27-28
Not Saying Goodbye By Randy Kilgore EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 3:43 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:26
Not Saying Goodbye By Randy Kilgore EmptyTue Oct 23, 2018 4:04 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:37-38
Not Saying Goodbye By Randy Kilgore EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 3:31 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:24-25
Not Saying Goodbye By Randy Kilgore EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 4:08 am by clark thompson

» Num 22:30-32
Not Saying Goodbye By Randy Kilgore EmptyWed Aug 22, 2018 4:16 am by clark thompson

» Acts 11:13-15
Not Saying Goodbye By Randy Kilgore EmptyTue Aug 14, 2018 3:36 am by clark thompson

» A Hopeful Lament By Amy Peterson
Not Saying Goodbye By Randy Kilgore EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:42 am by LesBrewer

» What does the Bible say about pettiness?
Not Saying Goodbye By Randy Kilgore EmptyFri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 am by LesBrewer

» A Good Daddy By Xochitl Dixon
Not Saying Goodbye By Randy Kilgore EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 1:57 am by LesBrewer

» Num 22:28-29
Not Saying Goodbye By Randy Kilgore EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 10:32 pm by clark thompson

» When the Bottom Drops Out By Poh Fang Chia
Not Saying Goodbye By Randy Kilgore EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 3:22 pm by LesBrewer

» The Joy of Giving By Leslie Koh
Not Saying Goodbye By Randy Kilgore EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 4:34 pm by LesBrewer

» Hard Mysteries By Amy Boucher Pye
Not Saying Goodbye By Randy Kilgore EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 6:05 pm by LesBrewer

» Forgiven?
Not Saying Goodbye By Randy Kilgore EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 5:42 pm by LesBrewer

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Location Map
Bible Search
Search the Bible:

Examples: Psalm 27; John 15
love one another; Psalm 23

WEEKLY WISDOM

You are not connected. Please login or register

Not Saying Goodbye By Randy Kilgore

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Not Saying Goodbye By Randy Kilgore Empty Not Saying Goodbye By Randy Kilgore Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:48 am

LesBrewer

LesBrewer

Not Saying Goodbye By Randy Kilgore

Not Saying Goodbye By Randy Kilgore 13-770x425

Read: Philippians 4:1-9

The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you. —Philippians 4:9

Francis Allen led me to Jesus, and now it was nearly time for Francis to meet Jesus face to face. I was at his home as it grew time for him to say goodbye. I wanted to say something memorable and meaningful.

For nearly an hour I stood by his bed. He laughed hard at the stories I told on myself. Then he got tired, we got serious, and he spent his energy rounding off some rough edges he still saw in my life. I listened, even as I tried to sort out how to say goodbye.

He stopped me before I got the chance. “You remember, Randy, what I’ve always told you. We have nothing to fear from the story of life because we know how it ends. I’m not afraid. You go do what I’ve taught you.” Those challenging words reminded me of what the apostle Paul said to the believers in Philippi: “The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do” (Phil. 4:9).

Francis had the same twinkle in his eye this last day I saw him as he had the first day I met him. He had no fear in his heart.

So many of the words I write, stories I tell, and people I serve are touched by Francis. As we journey through life, may we remember those who have encouraged us spiritually.

Who has been your mentor? Are you mentoring others?

Live so that when people get to know you, they will want to know Christ.

Insight:

Paul often showed his appreciation for people who had worked with him, and he often singled out individuals for special mention in his letters (see Rom. 16; Col. 4; 2 Tim. 1:16-18; Titus 3:12-13). It is estimated that he designates some 80-90 people as his “fellow workers” in the book of Acts and in his letters. Included are fellow missionaries and interns, independent ministry associates, traveling companions, fellow prisoners, and supporters. In today’s passage, he urges two women to reconcile and lovingly acknowledges that these women, together with Clement (not mentioned anywhere else in the New Testament) and an unnamed list of fellow workers, have labored with him in spreading the gospel (vv. 2-3).

Philippians 4:1-9King James Version (KJV)

4 Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved.

2 I beseech Euodias, and beseech Syntyche, that they be of the same mind in the Lord.

3 And I intreat thee also, true yokefellow, help those women which laboured with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other my fellow labourers, whose names are in the book of life.

4 Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.

5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum